Gilles Johanet is the General Prosecutor of the Cour des comptes since 27th of July 2012. Graduated from the Ecole Nationale d’Administration (ENA) in 1997, he integrated the Cour as a junior auditor. Gilles Johanet was appointed director of the “Caisse Nationale d’Assurance Maladie” (CNAM - the National Social Health Insurance Fund) twice (in 1989 and 1998). In addition, he was appointed Secretary-General of the Cour between 1997 and 1998.
Gilles Johanet was born on May 22, 1950
As a body that assists the Cour, the main mission of the General Prosecutor is to enlighten the Cour with its opinions, assist with the implementation of its rulings and oversee its activity. it is traditionally a prime intermediary between the court and various state authorities. it is principally in charge of ensuring the law is applied correctly, bus also monitors the consistency of the jurisprudence of the Cour and Regional and Territorial Chambers of Accounts, as well as ensuring procedures are followed.
- Graduate of the the Institut d’études politiques (Institute of political studies) in Paris :
- specialty in public services
- master’s degree in demography
- Degree in Law
- Graduate of the École nationale d'administration (ENA) - ("André-Malraux" promotion)
- 27 July 2012 : General Prosecutor of the Cour des comptes
- 25 February 2011 : Chairman of « Comité économique des produits de santé (the Economic Committee for Health Products)
- 01 July 2009 : Chief auditor at the Cour des comptes
- 15 September 2006 : Deputy Chief Executive Officer of the « Assurances générales de France » (AGF Company)
- 15 September 2003 : Delegate of the president of «Assurances générales de France » (AGF Company)
- 01 May 2002 : Chief auditor at the Cour des comptes
- 29 July 1998 – 30 April 2002 : Director of « Caisse Nationale d’Assurance Maladie » (CNAM - the National Social Health Insurance Fund)
- 22 April 1997 – 28 July 1998 : Secretary-General of the Cour des comptes
- 02 December 1993 : Chief auditor at the Cour des comptes 1
- 11 October 1993 : Senior auditor at the Cour des comptes 2
- 25 February 1989 : Director of “Caisse Nationale d’Assurance Maladie » (CNAM - the National Social Health Insurance Fund)
- 23 July 1987 : Senior auditor at the Cour des comptes
- 13 February 1987 : Senior auditor (first class)
- 22 November 1985 : Director of the « Etablissement national des invalides de la marine »
- 09 August 1984 - 18/12/1984 : Counselor of the Minister of Social Affairs
- 16 April 1983 – 17 July 1984 : Counselor of the Prime Minister
- 24 July 1981 : Senior auditor (second class)
- 01 July 1981 : Office Director of the Secretary of State (in charge of family policy) – Ministry of Social Affairs
- 01 June 1977 : Junior auditor
1 The highest rank among the Cour des comptes magistrates.
2 Intermediate-level magistrate of the Cour des Comptes (at least 4 years of experience).