Catherine Hirsch de Kersauson is the General Prosecutor of the Cour des comptes since 23rd of May 2019. Graduated from the École Nationale d’Administration (ENA) in 1986, she integrated the Cour as a senior auditor in 1995 after holding various positions in the civil administration: civil administrator in the Ministry of the Economy and Finance, technical advisor in the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry. In addition, she was appointed Secretary-General of the Cour in 1999.
Catherine Hirsch de Kersauson was born on September 16, 1954
As a body that assists the Cour, the main mission of the General Prosecutor is to enlighten the Cour with its opinions, assist with the implementation of its rulings and oversee its activity. it is traditionally a prime intermediary between the court and various state authorities. it is principally in charge of ensuring the law is applied correctly, bus also monitors the consistency of the jurisprudence of the Cour and Regional and Territorial Chambers of Accounts, as well as ensuring procedures are followed.
- History agregation
- Graduate of the École Nationale d'Administration (ENA) - ("Denis Diderot" promotion)
- Officer of the Legion of Honour
- Officer of the National Order of Merit
- 23 May 2019: General Prosecutor of the Cour des comptes
- 1 July 2017: Head of chamber
- 16 December 2011: President of the regional and territorial chamber of accounts of Auvergne Rhône-Alpes
- 3 December 2009: Chief auditor at the Cour des comptes1
- 30 March 2005: President of the regional and territorial chamber of accounts of Pays de la Loire
- 13 July 2000: 1st class senior auditor
- 3 August 1999: Secretary-General of the Court
- 1 September 1997: Assistant Secretary General
- 10 May 1995: 2nd class senior auditor2
- 25 February 1993: Senior civil administrator
- 19 June 1992: Technical advisor to the Ministry of Trade and Industry
- 1 June 1992: 1st class civil administrator
- 1 June 1992: Provision to the Ministry of Trade and Industry
- 1 June 1990: Project manager at the Bank Company Thomson (banking and transactions company) – detached service
- 1 June 1986: 2nd class civil administrator assigned to the Ministry of Economy and Finance – Foreign Economic Relations Board (DREE)
1 The highest rank among the Cour des comptes magistrates.
2 Intermediate-level magistrate of the Cour des comptes (at least 4 years of experience).